Saturday, October 29, 2016

Journal Post 5: Try Twitter

I for one am very surprised with how the past couple of weeks have gone learning about twitter. As I have mention before I believe I am normally someone how doesn’t use social media. For the most part, I use it more as a way to keep tabs on old friends or to get the latest general news. This is primarily the reason that I avoid twitter. For me it was just a bare bones version of the Facebook posting system where people posted silly things they did throughout the day. While that is the case for some twitter users, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that there were some users using the platform for my educational and personal intrigue purposes. I have been able to gain a lot of knowledge on the people and the topics I find interesting as well as getting it several times faster then with other media sources. I could see myself definitely using twitter in my professional development in the future. I also liked some of the suggestion that where put up this week on how to use twitter in the classroom. In particular, I liked using it as a question message board and using it to let the class post research material. It can also be used to create a short story where the student would trade off being the author. What level of use they would get in a physics class though I do not know. In education nearly anything can be an educational tool. You just need to know how to use it.

Q1 How can you add a twitter feed to your web site?
If you want to add a twitter feed to your website all you need to know is how to add widgets to them. Twitter provides an easy way to create widgets on your personal twitter account or searching for certain #’s. all you have to do is go into your twitter account and access the settings tab which can be found by clicking your account icon. From there, find the widget section and select create new. This will generate an imbed code for your website widget.

Q2 How do professionals use twitter?
Professionals use twitter in many ways. Some of these include interacting in a community, keeping up with college’s and friends, or simply to keep up with industry news. They approach twitter as if they were creating a profile for a professional conference. The biggest thing they do is just staying active on the platform. If you would like more info check out How to Use Twitter as a Professional. http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Twitter-as-a-Professional

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for adding a link on how to use Twitter as a professional. I just created a Twitter account for my side business but I do not have any followers and I was wondering how people get their customers to follow them. I am looking forward to exploring the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I am creating my personal website I am considering adding widgets to some of my pages.
    Thank You for adding the link to a resource that I will use.

    ReplyDelete